Simpleminded Thoughts and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkipper

Contributor
Contributor
Feb 20, 2014
Hoenn Region
I'm just going to say this outright and upfront; this General Discussion thread is not getting enough submissions or posts(in my opinion pls don't hurt me).

I feel like the forum community is almost afraid to post and I can't figure out why. The last normal thread post was posted on July 23rd, 2015. And that's the newest thread too. If you disagree with me right now, go look back at the past couple normal threads and their activity in General Discussion. This is a GENERAL DISCUSSIONS thread, so just talk about anything really. There's nothing to be afraid of; no one really judges you if you make a bad post. I mean, go back again and look at the threads. What we got here are some quality threads. And when I say quality, I really mean quality. Sarcastically of course.

I see this forum as a community of LOL's and sarcastic discussions. So whoever is reading this that a not member(for whatever reason), go ahead and sign up and reply to this stupid thread about my stupid opinions. It doesn't really matter what you post as long it follows the forum rules(and is to Ringe's liking). There may be other forum "categories" to go to, but General Discussion should be the one most used. It just feels right in my eyes and I don't understand why no one is posting on this general forum.

In fact, I'm just going to go off on a tangent here. There haven't been enough NEW threads recently either. And I'm guessing that is the reason why Orange made his post about this forum. If you look at the latest posts, only like 2/3 of the posts are actually new threads that were posted. What we need here is some new threads we can all discuss on. This would strengthen our trust and build as a forum and as a community.

If you don't understand why I am still rambling on and on about why this forum is "lonely;" it's because I care. I care about the forums. It may not seem like it through all of the cynicism I'm radiating, but I really do. This whole "Merch Reborn" thing is more than just a server. It's a living, thriving place for people to discuss, play around, and joke with. And I want to keep it like that. It may not be what Orange wants, or what Nickin11p wants, but this is what I want personally.

What I am trying to get out there is that the forums are not nearly as active as the game server sometimes and it would be like a dream to strike a balance between the two. That means sending everyone who doesn't know about the forums to the forums and everyone who doesn't know about the game server(for whatever reason) to the game server. It would connect us all and this whole Merch Reborn experience would be wonderful. And this is all just an opinion as well. Feel free to criticize me if you want. I really want to see your guys' responses to this because I know you feel the same way.
It's probably still going to be Orange, DerpyDragon, or Nathan reading this anyway, so I don't know why I am even doing this. Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles.

TL;DR: More or less a restated thread about this post. Just a proper thread about how I see the forums.

Orange

Owner
Owner
May 2, 2013
I agree 110% with what you're saying.

Honestly couldn't have said it better myself, I'm glad we're on the same page.

Orange

Owner
Owner
May 2, 2013
Mudkipper said:
Orange said:

Glad to hear it.  :D
We need to advertise the forums more in-game.

Mudkipper

Contributor
Contributor
Feb 20, 2014
Hoenn Region
Orange said:
Mudkipper said:
Orange said:

Yeah, I don't think /forums will make the cut. I think some people, *cough* kids *cough*, just think Minecraft is just a game with servers and that forums are not necessary.

Orange

Owner
Owner
May 2, 2013
Mudkipper said:
Orange said:
Mudkipper said:
Orange said:

Yeah, I don't think /forums will make the cut. I think some people, *cough* kids *cough*, just think Minecraft is just a game with servers and that forums are not necessary.
Eh, that's very true, unfortunately.

Orange

Owner
Owner
May 2, 2013
Also the forums is a place to find any news and updates, like what if the server was down? I'd have all that explained via the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.