Pumpkin Farm Testing Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroovySoap

May 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
After a tedious and stressful month of July I've came up with some very decent bits of information regarding growth of automated pumpkin farms. I have made multiple automated pumpkin farms and brought back an old one from my early stages on the server. Only 2 models of Groovy's Pumpkin Pokers were semi-successful: Gigus and Mark 1.

The Mark 1 model was focused on if the size of the farm width wise truly mattered in growth, if plants or crops surrounding it improved pumpkin spawning. While size never mattered I did have some sort of success with crops around melon/pumpkin. 1 water source block an hydrate a large area of land and rows truely never mattered in this. I have put majority different kind of crops in the center of the square and on the outside rings were Melon plants and dirt. It seems this combination grows melon at an alarming rate. I compared it to an auto form of it and in the end the automated one grows slower.

I can confirm this to be 100% correct. ANYTHING that is directly above the place where pumpkin blocks or melon blocks can be will slow down the growth rate of that pumpkin / melon. If you want a super fast money farm I suggest manually farming the crops yourself. it will increase both your Farming Job (if you have one) and your mcmmo skill for it.

If you feel like you do not want to mine it yourself feel free to install an automated one. (here is a hint.. Build your base in layers above and below the farm. While your busy with something else since your near the chunk it will still harvest plants via infused hoppers, you will hear the sound of em too. Which is why Mark 1 was so effective.)

Gigus was a model for the sole purpose of pumpkin growth and how pumpkin was affected by the blocks directly above it. 1/2 of it had slabs above it and the other had nothing. The side with nothing grew 2x faster.

I hope you found this little bit of info amusing.

Happy farming,
Groovy

Status
Not open for further replies.