People taking advantage of Boss Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroovySoap

May 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have noticed that people are starting to use Gooey to their advantage in the boss arena. This will allow them to hit the boss and juggle them around preventing other people from hitting it. Knockback is also an issue, knockback was also used to push the boss out of bounds I tested this a couple weeks ago. I was only withholding this info cause it wasn't enough to post at the time.

I'm posting this under general discussion since its not really a bug, cause its the enchants but it is an issue.

I just wanted to bring this to light and hope you guys can find a solution to this.

z3p0

Apr 15, 2017
When you say the boss is knocked out of bounds do you mean it gets glitched through the wall? If that's what you mean just keep some chorus fruit on you so you can teleport through the walls to get it. 

And of course people will take advantage of the boss fights, everyone is after the prizes it gives out. You have to understand that when you do start a boss fight its a public event. It does suck if you placed it and ended up not getting any loot but its a risk you take. If you are having problems getting in the top hits try waiting until the server is mostly empty before starting the boss fight.

GroovySoap

May 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
yes well i can agree its a public event. However i am talking to the view point of archers and players who joined the arena. people could easily keep the boss away from the others preventing most of them from getting any hits on them. Ik the chorus fruit thing is great for a just in case, the best way i could see people fighting it is hit it away from the walls.

and this is just 1 scenario what if it was a planned thing or what if I spawn it and they do that stealing it from me. The only way to legit farm a boss is privately? that would take forever and I love human interaction.

the point of all of this is since its a public thing it should be treated as such, not as a private boss fight.

also if people are taking advantage of this mine as well just get maxed gooey and Knockback 10 just to prove my point (not trying to sound rude)

Team America

Donator
Minecraft Donator
Apr 2, 2016
USA
The use of gooey and knockback isn't really an advantage. The person using those enchants and the people who follow behind still have to run up to the boss to hit it. Its really all about who can make it there first. I don't really see at as intention to prevent others from getting to it. But the boss being knocked through walls is more of an issue. I'd prefer to read about that than to see someone complaining about unfair advantages due to an enchant that everyone has access to. Please keep this in mind whenever posting a topic. I'll see what we can do about the boss being knocked through walls.

GroovySoap

May 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
oh ok. mostly the issue with the boss going through is being at the wall and someone getting caged right near the boss. the corners are also a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.